Evening Eucharist Services are held eight times per year at Titirangi Soldiers Memorial Church, Auckland at 7:30pm
Contemplative Meditation (Centering Prayer) is beforehand from 7pm for those who wish to attend. ALL ARE WELCOME.
Join us in a beautiful historic church set in natural bushsurroundings for nature-centered evening eucharistic services. These services performed by an ordained priest combine traditional Liberal Catholic and Mystical Christian liturgy with readings and worship themes related to the Celtic Seasonal Festivals and Christian holy days of the year. Candles and incense will be lit and quiet music played prior to each service and there are also times for silent reflection and contemplative prayer throughout the service. All are welcome.
Seasonal Ceremonies (For SanctuaryMembers only)
Members of the Sanctuary meet four times a year to mark the Solstices and Equinoxes by celebrating the seasonal cycles of Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. The Ceremonies are participatory and held in the sacred space of a circle with candles and incense. The ceremonies draw on Mystical Christian, as well as the Celtic/British Mystery Traditions and include an honouring of the four elements of creation, a seasonal ritual, meditation, prayer, chant, and the Eucharist. Attendance at the Seasonal Equinox and Solstice Ceremonies for Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter are by invitation only.
- Sun 26th Feb: Eucharist Service (Lammas) Red
- Sun 26th March: Autumn Equinox Ceremony Green
- Sun 23rd April: Eucharist Service (Easter) White
- Sun 28th May: Eucharist Service (Samhain/All Souls) Purple
- Sun 25th June: Midwinter Solstice Ceremony Green
- Sun 30th July: Eucharist Service (Imbolc/Feast of St Brigid) Red
- Sun 27th Aug: Eucharist Service (Assumption of Mary) White/Blue
- Sun 24th Sept: Spring Equinox Ceremony White
- Sun 29th Oct: Eucharist Service (Feast of St Francis) Green
- Sunday 26th Nov: Midsummer Solstice Ceremony Red
- Sun 24th Dec: Eucharist Service (Advent/Christmas Eve) Purple